FAQs About Buying a Certified Used Toyota
Can all Toyotas be Certified?
No. A Toyota Certified Used Vehicle (TCUV) must be a current model year Toyota, up to and including six year old models, and have 85,000 miles or less on the odometer. Each Toyota dealer is required to order a full CARFAX® Vehicle History Report™ with results showing NO ineligible requirements. Then, each vehicle is subject to an intensive 160-point Quality Assurance Inspection, which includes mechanical, detailing, and appearance standards. These strict standards ensure that only the best of the best vehicles receive the Toyota Certified Seal of Approval.
Where can I purchase a Toyota Certified Used Vehicle?
Toyota Certified Used Vehicles are sold exclusively through a participating Toyota Dealer.
What is a Vehicle History Report?
A Vehicle History Report (VHR) contains information that can impact a consumer’s purchase decision by disclosing potential risks that could result in costly repairs such as; major structural damage, previously declared a total loss, or any title or odometer discrepancies. At Elk Grove Toyota we save you time by running a CARFAX® Vehicle History Report™ (As of December 1, 2005, CARFAX® is the sole supplier of Vehicle History Reports for the Toyota Certified Used Vehicles program.) for each vehicle before it can be certified. By disqualifying any vehicle that includes ineligible requirements, the integrity of the Toyota Certified process is protected and you receive the peace of mind that comes with owning a Toyota Certified Used Vehicle.
What type of coverage does Roadside Assistance include?
The Toyota Certified Used Vehicles Warranty includes 1-year of Roadside Assistance.3
- Coverage begins from the date of Toyota Certified Used Vehicle purchase
- Covers most services, including flat tires, lockout service, jump starts, towing and fuel delivery
- Reimbursement for towing to the nearest authorized servicing facility6
- Toll-free call for service, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
Is the Toyota Certified Used Vehicle Extended Warranty transferable?
Yes, as an added resale value, all components of the Toyota Certified Used Vehicle Warranty (Comprehensive Warranty, Limited Powertrain Warranty and Roadside Assistance) are automatically transferable to the subsequent owner at no charge.
How long is the Toyota Certified Used Vehicle Warranty in effect?
- 12-month/12,000-mile Comprehensive Warranty: whichever comes first from the date of Toyota Certified Used Vehicle purchase.2
- 7-year/100,000-mile Limited Powertrain Warranty: whichever comes first from date of Toyota Certified Used Vehicle purchase or 100,000 total vehicle miles.3
- 8-year/100,000-mile Factory Hybrid Vehicle Battery Warranty: whichever comes first from the original date of first use when sold as new.3
- 1-year of Roadside Assistance: From the date of Toyota Certified Used Vehicle purchase.3
What is covered under the Toyota Certified Used Vehicle Limited Powertrain Warranty?
The following major components are covered by the Toyota Certified Limited Powertrain Warranty:
- Engine Components
- Manual Transmission
- Automatic Transmission
- Axle Assembly Components
- Hybrid Components
Are Toyota Certified Used Vehicles eligible for any Vehicle Service Agreements?
Yes. Toyota Financial Services offers Toyota Certified Vehicle Service Agreements (VSA) which are backed by the strength and stability of Toyota. A Certified VSA helps provide peace of mind by providing extended vehicle protection beyond the already extensive TCUV warranty.
Can I lease or get special financing for a Toyota Certified Used Vehicle?
Yes, certified customers are eligible for standard new-car financing and lease terms.5